GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
This legislation will replace current data privacy law, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations and professionals such as I who hold your personal data.
One of the rights is a right to be informed, which means I have to give you information about the way in which I use, share and store your personal information.
The new legislation is relevant from the 25th May 2018.
I (Lin Leong) collect, use and am responsible for certain personal information about you. When I do so I am regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and I am responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What information or data is processed and why?
I collect and store the following information;
- Why you wish to use this service,
- Personal information such as name, address, date of birth, address.
- Medical information such as GP name/surgery, medical conditions and medical history.
- Information about your next of kin or important others (professional or personal).
- Assessment and treatment notes which may be kept on hard copy/computer or paper copy.
- Photographs and videos from assessments and treatment sessions as consented by you.
- Dependent on how you fund your sessions I may collect bank account details as provided by you.
Reasons why I collect and use your personal information;
I rely on as the lawful basis on which I collect and use your personal data that the processing is necessary: in relation to a contract which the you have entered into; or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract
In relation to the processing of your medical and health information I also rely on the lawful basis that the processing is necessary for medical purposes, and is undertaken by a health professional or by someone who is subject to an equivalent duty of confidentiality.
I rely on your consent to send out marketing information and newsletters and you can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know as set out below.
I use you personal information to;
- Provide you with safe and effective services.
- Contact you regarding your treatment or appointments.
- Obtain payment for my services.
- Send out newsletters and other marketing information.
Who I share your personal information with?
I share your information with your GP or other professional if you have given specific consent for me to do so.
I will share your personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by law.
I will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Information obtained from other sources
From time to time, I may need to obtain information from third parties. This will only apply where it is essential for the provision of services and as permitted by law. Where applicable consent of the client or organisation providing the data will be obtained.
How long your personal information is kept?
hold your personal data for the period of your treatment/therapy and of 7 years following your last sessions. This is in accordance with professional guidelines.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
I will not transfer your personal information locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without first informing you and ensuring that there are adequate safeguards for the protection of your privacy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require me to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please;
- Email, call or write to me.
- Provide enough information to identify you e.g. your name, address and date of birth.
- Provide proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill).
- Inform me of the information to which your request relates.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take a few days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
I have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. I limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How to complain
I hope to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
How to contact me;
Please contact me if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information I hold about you.
If you wish to contact me please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01981241472 or 07841763604.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through it’s server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or it’s owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and it’s owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process.
Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and it’s owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor it’s owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was updated on August 2019.
This privacy notice is subject to change without notice and so it is advised to read this page regularly.
If you’d like to find out more or to discuss your needs please get in touch;
Phone 07841 763604